Who is Eligible for the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund (VCF)?
If you were a first responder, clean-up worker, area resident, commuters or other party in the area and any of the below circumstances apply:
- Present at one of the four 9/11 crash sites at the time of the crashes or were in the following areas between Sept. 11, 2001 and May 30, 2002
- In or near buildings/ portions of buildings that were destroyed by the attacks
- In the NYC Exposure Zone (area in Manhattan south of the line that runs along Canal Street from the Hudson River to the intersection of Canal Street and East Broadway, north on East Broadway to Clinton Street, and east on Clinton Street to the East River)
- In any area related to, or along, routes of debris removal such as barges and Fresh Kills and suffered a type of cancer linked to 9/11 exposure (including Skin, Prostate, and Breast) and/or physical injuries as a result of the crashes, or debris removal
- In certain circumstances, people who submitted original Victim Compensation Fund claims may submit new claims to the new Fund.
NOTE: The new Fund will not accept claims solely for psychological health problems.
You may have a claim, our firm can help
The VCF pays victims for certain cancers, physical injuries, illnesses or death that were a direct result of the 9/11 attacks, as well as certain latent health conditions and diseases included in the World Trade Center (WTC) Health Program:
- CANCERS including prostate, skin, and breast
- Carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS)
- Chronic cough syndrome
- Chronic laryngitis
- Chronic nasopharyngitis
- Chronic respiratory disorder – fumes I vapors
- Chronic rhinosinusitis
- Gastro-esophageal reflux disorder (GERD)
- Interstitial lung disease
- Low back pain
- Other specified musculoskeletal disorders
- Reactive airways dysfunction syndrome (RADS)
- Sleep apnea
- Upper airway hyperreactivity
- WTC-exacerbated chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
The Marcowitz Law Firm has been on the front lines of litigation for victims and their families of the September 11th attacks on the WTC. Our firm has been trusted and recognized by law makers, law enforcement, celebrities, first responders and the New York community. More than 20 years later, we are still bringing justice to those who are enduring the devastating after-effects.
Contact an experienced VCF lawyer today
If you or someone you love was in the vicinity of the WTC on September 11, 2001, and are experiencing illnesses related to toxic exposure, you may be eligible for a claim. Call today 718-529-4040 to speak with our legal team or contact us online. The consultation is free, and we are ready to recover the compensation you deserve.